How It Works
What is Swepe?
- Swepe is a service that enables students to buy and sell textbooks, electronics, tickets, tests and anything else to other students at their own school.
How do you pronounce “Swepe?”
- Swaype… it rhymes with grape.
How does it work?
- There are two reasons for using Swepe: to buy goods or to sell them. As a buyer, you select your school and then search for whatever you want to buy. If you find it, simply fill out the form with a short message to contact the seller and arrange for a transaction. As a seller, just register and list your item along with an asking price. Any interested buyers will contact you via the email address you provided. It’s that easy.
Do I have to register?
- Only to post items. This way we can track listings and ensure that they are all valid and aren’t spam. For buying though, you simply fill out the form next to the ad listing.
How do I make an account?
- Attempting to post an item will automatically prompt you to sign in/register, but for convenience’s sake, you can click here.
How can I see my posted books?
- You can view them by visiting the My Dashboard page which will be visible on the right hand side by clicking Manage Ads once you’ve signed in. Or just click here.
Is it free to use?
- Yep. Swepe is 100% free to use.
Who am I buying and selling to?
- Each other! After contacting the seller, the two involved parties (aka the students) arrange a price and a place to make the exchange.
Why can’t I find my school?
- As of now, Swepe is only operating at a select number of schools, but we plan to expand in the future. If you are interested in bringing Swepe to your school, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should I use Swepe?
- Well for one, it’s convenient! There’s no shipping, no waiting, and no hefty prices to pay. And on top of that, you can earn $100 in cash just for posting your stuff. Buying and selling goods at your school has never been easier.